Thursday, October 18, 2007

Grey skies are gonna clear up...


The weather here in the NY metro area certainly does NOT feel like mid-October. In fact...today it was so humid, it felt more like August. For the most part, it's been very warm & un~fall like around here. I do like crisp Autumn days & nights, but absolutely hate the bitter winter cold & all the bundling up it takes just to step out the front door. I also hate the dreary grey, overcast days & shudder at the thought of rain...it depresses the heck out of me (there is such a thing called S.A.D. or seasonal affective disorder). Forget it if it's going to snow...I get all panicked. Skip & I talk about getting an RV when we retire & travelling around, following the nice weather & seeing the country.


Took this picture yesterday on my camera phone & was just so thrilled with it when I saw it here on my computer that I had to share it. I'm standing outside our new store on a break around 5:00~ish & thought the clouds looked pretty cool.


Please bear with me in regards to posting here, reading & commenting on other blogs/journals, catching up with e-mails...whatever on~line stuff I used to do on a very regular basis. Skip & I don't get home until about 8:00 or 8:30 every night because we don't close until 7:00 & have a few things to do before leaving & then have a 45 minute drive home. I then trudge through the front door, walk the dog (if she hasn't gone to the store with us), eat, walk the dog again, & collapse in bed by 10:30. This is the first time since Sunday (I think) that I've gone on~line at home. While at work it's pretty quick to look something up or glance at my e-mails while I eat 1/2 a sandwich. I shouldn't even be doing that much!


S'all for now.....gotta get some sleep. Morning comes fast....

No comments: