Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!






Greetings from my small part of the world! I'm back.....& have been back since Sunday evening......from my all too fast trip to Montauk, NY. My mom & I were there for 5 nights & had a fabulous time with great weather, but it ended all too soon (we're usually there for about 6 or 7 nights).










We were supposed to stay at the Panoramic View on the Old Montauk Highway, but they've been slowly converting the place into million dollar ocean~front condos, with a few rooms to rent as a "regular" hotel. They started this renovation when we were there last year & it wasn't too bad...all the construction was away from us. When I called to book our room in advance for this year, we were promised that the noise level wouldn't be any worse than last year & that the pool would still be useable. However, when we got there no one told us what the extent of the construction was & that there was no pool to use...it, too, was being renovated. When we got to our room, it overlooked a damn construction pit & we saw the lack of a pool. The guy helping us with our luggage said that we could get a pass to use the indoor (indoor!!!) pool at the hotel next door. We'd also have to skirt the construction zone to get to the beach. We also learned (within the next 5 minutes) from other guests that the construction noise was intolerable & started around 7:15 in the morning. Needless to say, we weren't happy campers ~ I was shaking, I was so upset! Long story short.......we complained, got a full refund, & got a room in another hotel ~ the Surf Club in town ~ (with a shorter walking distance to the beach & pool) & had a blast.


So............here are my first 3 pictures from our trip (more to come). The first being (obviously) from the train station (nope...we didn't take the train, we drove), the second being of my sandy feet at the beach on our last full day there, & the third of some gorgeous beach roses. I'll post more when I get a chance...probably won't be until Sunday.


As for the "Aunt Nub Originals" (hand stamped cards)...the offer still stands if you'd like one. I've only gotten 1 request so far...........

3 comments:

IndigoSunMoon said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! The pictures are beautiful! And so glad your back!
Love you Liz!
Connie

Becky said...

I've only been to Montauk once, but it was a fab time. Thanks for the post card, that was a great surprise! We stayed at Gurney's Inn when we were there (corporate retreat). That was the good old days, when companies paid big bucks to reward their employees for hard work.

Anonymous said...

Love your photos! I'm so glad you had a great time (except for the first hotel disaster, that sucked!) I hope I will get to bury my toes in the sand at least once this summer. With a broken car and no gas money, hmmmm, seems unlikely.
Can't wait for my new card. Will send yours on its way soon. Very soon. Ok, pretty soon.

Who am I kidding? One of these days LMAO!!!

Love you! xoxo anonymous again grrr! stupid thing!