Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School Lunches


Today, as children return to school, the Meme Express (http://memeexpress.blogspot.com/) is all about school lunches. Here are a few questions to whet your appetite:


Do you remember eating lunch at school?

Yes...very well, not only in high school (sheesh...25 year reunion next year!), but in elementary school. I always looked forward to lunch time throughout my school career.


Did you purchase your lunch or bring it with you?

In elementary school, I brought it with me, packed lovingly (& with a little note each day) by my mom. In high school, I bought lunch 99% of the time.


Did you carry a sack or a lunch box?

Until about 4th or 5th grade, I carried a lunch box. Growing up, we didn't have the fancy lunch boxes kids do today...we had the metal kind with the thermos inside. I loved picking out a lunch box & wish I still had some of them. My favorite was my first one with Pebbles & BamBam from the Flintstones. In 5th & 6th grades, I used a brown paper bag because by this point I thought I was "too old" for a lunch box.


If you had a lunch box, what was on it?

Oooops! Already answered this above!


What was your favorite school lunch?

In elementary school, probably either peanut butter & jelly or bologna sandwiches. In high school, I loved french fries.


What was your least favorite menu item?

Sloppy Joes in high school....there was just something nasty about them. To this day, I still don't like them.



Do you remember any of the cafeteria staff?

Yes...I can picture the cafeteria ladies in high school perfectly, but don't remember their names. They were probably around the age I am now & most of them were blonde & wore the standard hair net. One of them seemed especially "old." LOL



What friends sat with you for lunch?

I don't really remember sitting with any particular people in elementary school, just at the table for my class/grade. In high school, each grade kinda took over a certain section of the cafeteria, where they'd always sit (fresman always sat over here, seniors over there, etc). Class schedules varied from semester to semester, so I'd have different lunch mates at different times of the year.


Now how about you? If you've just read this, I'm officially tagging you for your blog/journal!

No comments: