Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Kid in a Candy Shop









Yesterday my friend Lori & I went on a day trip to the Berkshires in Massachusetts...destination...the great big mama store of the Yankee Candle Company in South Deerfield. The place is fabulous & I'm like a kid in a candy shop!


I've been heading up there at least once a year since I first discovered Yankee Candles about 15 years or so ago & my how they've changed & expanded big time over the years. The "headquarters" ~ the candles used to be made right there, but that part of it is down the road a bit now ~ has everything from their candles (of course ~ duh!) to stuff for your home & garden & a Bavarian Christmas village & the Black Forest. Although there are Yankee Candle stores in malls & Yankee Candle candles to be found at Bed Bath & Beyond (among other places), no place has the immense selection of scents that they do here in South Deerfield, MA. Thee's every scent from tea & honey to dune grass to gardenia to fresh ground coffee...& everything in between! I myself, picked up 29 different scented tarts (wickless "candles" that I put in an electric tart warmer)...& 2 of each of those different scents! I had this trip planned & saved my pennies so I could go a little nuts. I also picked up some of their jar candles. It's no exaggeration when I tell you that 1 of these little tarts scents my entire house for the day...so I'm pretty well set for a while, don't ya think?



I took a couple of pictures on my camera phone of the Bavarian Christmas village & thought I e-mailed them to myself, but they haven't shown up yet. Bizarre! Sooooo....you'll have to make do with the picture I snapped here at home of my basket~o~tarts & what I've lifted from their website.




No comments: